Click the button to view our detailed conference program
Program as of 30 July 2018 and is subject to change.
Signature address: The Future of Australia’s Infrastructure
The Hon. Michael McCormack MP, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
We Understand the Issues – Making Australia’s Infrastructure Sustainable
The Hon Jeffrey Kennett AC
Future Public Infrastructure Improvements – States/Territories Working Better Together
Funding, Managing and Delivering for our communities
Digital Natives: the next tsunami in asset management
- the 4th Industrial Revolution
- the digital revolution in AM
- big data and IoT: AMs role?
- so much data: how to manage it?
- digital data impacts on AM
- metadata & niche data: making sense of it
Digital futures for sustainable communities
- how connected will we be?
- how will my business operations change?
- how Australian cities are preparing for a smart and connected future?
What will define a good community in 2030?
- how will communities benefit from the 4th Industrial Revolution?
- communication, energy, climate & transport changes: implications for infrastructure?
- should levels of service be defined in terms of “aspiration” or “something that we can live with, or are forced to live with”?
The money tree is withering: how to keep it alive
- no longer funding the gap, but managing the gap
- new funding models for public infrastructure?
- do we really have a backlog or just high expectations?
- the public sector is not the panacea!
- are PPPs working?
- Value Capture models: worldwide experience
Vision | Skills | Systems | Culture | Is it that hard?
- My Soapbox: Open Floor for Delegates to make their case for change
Public Infrastructure Management: the imperative for a new paradigm and Balancing the Politics
- The critical role of Infrastructure in the economy
- The Changes Needed in our Economic Landscape
Lifting our Game: ISO 55000 is aspirational, but most local government is at basic level in AM
- Developments in ISO – where we should be
- Audit on Australia’s Local Government
- Financial Planning in Local Government
- Local Government: What Keeps me awake at night
Future Planning for our communities
The future for Rural and Small Population Regions
- longer roads, less population, bigger areas, smaller revenues: Help!
- is lager regionalisation the answer?
- what is the value of rural areas to the nation?
- are regional growth centres the answer to urban sprawl and housing affordability?
The future for Urban and Growth Regions
- population growth models and migration levels: how can we catch up on the infrastructure shortfall?
- transport and housing diseconomies of capital city sprawl: what to do?
- overseas best practice models
- is rural infrastructure important to the sustainability of our cities?
- are we all going to be apartment dwellers?
- housing unaffordability has disenchanted young buyers: do we have a generation of renters?
Sustainable pathways for our cities and regions